How business can tackle deforestation: Asia under the lens
Corporate actions that can drive - and enable - change on the ground
27 - 28 September 2016, Unilever Four Acres Singapore
A two-day event of leading debate and discussion to drive measurable change
As the sixth forum in the global series of "How business can tackle deforestation" meetings, this multistakeholder forum will build on previous meetings in London, Washington DC and Singapore to provide practical guidance for corporations in the development and implementation of forest preservation practices in Asia. We will cover the latest trends and challenges companies face in removing deforestation from their supply chains, and debate what measureable actions moving forward might look like.
We will discuss themes such as:
- Traceability: What do action plans for going beyond Tier 1, right down to the bottom of supply chains look like?
- Engaging (and cutting) suppliers: Find out how to effectively engage and monitor suppliers, how to address supplier issues and how to implement exit strategies as a last resort.
- Peatland preservation and restoration: What do solutions to current problems look like and are they realistic?
- Smallholder farmers: What actions can - and should - corporations take to scale up smallholder engagement and what supporting role can the RSPO take?
- Governance: What role can business take in building capacity for enforcement?
chief procurement officer
group chief sustainability officer
managing director, chief sustainability
Asian Pulp & Paper
chair of Wetlands International Malaysia
director for sustainability & external affairs
chief sustainability officer
You can view the full speaker list here.
Who will be there?
Senior professionsals and key players from business, government, NGOs and the investment community, will come together to discuss the latest trends and challenges faced in the effort to remove deforestation from corporate supply chains. We’re actively restricting the number of service providers to maximise the attendance of corporate practitioners and key NGOs, to ensure the conference delivers maximum value – and maximum impact.
If you would like to discuss further being involved as a speaker, sponsor, media partner or delegate. Please drop an email to:
+44 (0) 203 780 7435