How to accelerate implementation of zero deforestation commitments
While there are certainly a lot of commitments around, actual progress towards achieving these goals remains by-and-large slow. Translating commitments into actual practice on the ground – in palm oil, soy, timber and pulp and paper, and cattle products supply chains – is a highly complex matter. Collaboration is increasingly regarded as the only practical route to progress – involving business, the NGO community, financial institutions and government. And everyone can do more to push the pace of commitment implementation.
Debating what companies and their stakeholders can do are:
- Tom Bregman, project manager, Forest 500, Global Canopy Programme
- Jillian Gladstone, senior manager, forests, CDP
- Sylvain Augoyard, corporate social responsibility, BNP Paribas
- Samuel Mary, senior sustainability research analyst, Kepler Cheuvreux
- Fiona Wheatley, sustainable development manager, Marks and Spencer
Introduced and moderated by Ian Welsh, publishing director, Innovation Forum
This webinar is sponsored by Global Canopy Programme.
Click below to stay up to date
The latest news about important insights and intelligence from Innovation Forum