Sustainable Sugarcane: how companies can deliver
Structured debate on the creation of thriving, sustainable producer communities and resilient, assured supply chains
1st-2nd December 2016 – London
Created in partnership with Bonsucro, this forum is designed for all stakeholders in the sugar value chain to discuss the commercial opportunities of implementing sustainability and ethical initiatives, and the practicalities of how to do so. The forum will be run in conjunction with the 4th annual Bonsucro week and offers the opportunity for a diverse group of stakeholders to discuss and debate the key issues and challenges facing the industry, through an interactive, engaging and practical format.
Speakers include professionals from Bonsucro, Nordzucker AG, PepsiCo, Mars, Bunge The Coca-Cola Company, and many others.
Key topics for interactive sessions include:
- Transparency and traceability: understand your value chain through mapping to analyse where the risks and opportunities are
- Human rights: implement programmes for continuous improvement, remove human rights risks and infringements on land rights, and eliminate child and forced labour
- Smallholder farmers: understand the best practices that improve productivity and yield, and benefit the livelihoods of smallholders
- Environmental pressures: information on proactively preparing sugar production for future and issues such as loss of biodiversity, climate change and water scarcity
- Biofuels and ethanol: Insight into the increase in demand and what this means for sustainability in the industry
If you would like to be kept up to date fill out the form down the right hand side or get in touch with:
+ 44 (0) 203 780 7432