How business can measure the impact - and ROI - of corporate sustainability
Tools, techniques and strategies for understanding, measuring and communicating impact
19th-20th June 2018, London
This two-day conference will highlight the latest methods being applied by business to measure the impact of their sustainability programs. We’ll discuss and debate the pros and cons of the different tools and techniques available, whilst assessing what has really worked for companies in practice.
By bringing together a range of stakeholders, we’ll also assess how this information can be best used to communicate the value of sustainability programs – both internally and externally. The emphasis will remain on understanding impacts to drive strategy, justify budgets and communicate work effectively.
In this year’s annual management conference, Innovation Forum will address the key issues;
- Understanding impact: How can business measure and communicate social and environmental impact effectively?
- ROI in action: In-depth corporate case studies on how companies can attribute a clear and quantifiable return from sustainability programs
- Effective communication: Companies often do great work. So how can companies talk about their genuinely positive impacts, without it looking like PR?
We’ll have a number of practical working sessions to cover what you need to know in your day-to-day role, including:
- Enhancing the business case: How to ensure sustainability is firmly placed on boardroom agendas
- The investor perspective: What do they want to hear about company performance and how do they want to hear it?
- Data that drives decisions: How the right data systems and frameworks can drive innovation and strategy within sustainability departments
And we’ll also cover the emerging areas to be aware of, such as:
- SDGs: How are these all-encompassing goals actually affecting and shaping the future of corporate disclosure and reporting?
- Science based targets: Can companies bring together economics, expert stakeholders and science based targets to drive strategy and improve performance?
- Climate reporting: The practical ways to assess exposure to climate change and how to communicate this risk
Director of Sustainability Operations
Head of ESG Strategic Projects
Hermes Investment Management
Head of Sustainability
The Crown Estate
Global Sustainability Programme Director
Vice President, Corporate Sustainability
What’s different about Innovation Forum?
IF is NOT:
- A PR platform: enthusiastic speakers are NOT given free rein to fill a session presenting their companies, allowing no time to actually get to the crux of the issues.
- A talking shop: this is NOT an opportunity for a group people in a room to simply agree with everything said, regardless of outcomes.
- All promise, no delivery: we will NOT promise what we can’t deliver. The issues covered are complex. They won’t be solved at a two-day conference. But we will help deliver progress through in-depth, constructive and practical advice around specific issues.
- Candid: Entirely off-the-record discussion that enables open and honest disclosure from speakers and genuine participation from the audience.
- Practical: A clear focus on the practical and actionable guidance that can drive change throughout industries and supply chains.
- Focused: We provide enough time, resources and expertise to the issues that really matter. We don’t skate the surface, but get to the crux of the issues to provide in-depth, constructive discussion.
Who will be there?
The 2018 conference will have 100-120 delegates representing corporates, NGOs, suppliers, traders, development agencies, investors, government bodies, academics and other relevant organisations.
Below is a small sample of last year’s attendees:
Standard Chartered, Director, Sustainability
Minerva, SRM Managing Director
Olam International, Group Head of Environment
Mars, Global Sustainability Design & Effectiveness
Peterson, Head Sustainability
S+P Dow Jones Indices, Head of ESG Indices
PRI, Head of Environmental and Social Issues
PwC, Corporate Impact Measurement and Valuation
Shell, Social Performance Advisor Europe, Russia, Central Asia
Siemens, Head of Sustainability UK and NW Europe
Sime Darby Plantation, Head of Strategy & Innovation
Tullow Oil, VP - Safety, Sustainability and External Affairs
UNEP-WCMC, Head of Programme, Business and Biodiversity
WWF, Head of Corporate Stewardship - Food and Freshwater
Yara, Sustainability Development Director
- Learn from industry leaders on best practices and get in-depth guidance on how to effectively apply measurement strategies and impacts
- Meet and network with an influential and highly relevant audience of key stakeholders, including NGOs, business, government and supply chain actors
- Benchmark company performance amongst a room of your peers and discover where you should be focusing efforts
Innovation Forum is looking for sponsors who are able to support the forum, as well as associated research and analysis.
For sponsors, this presents the opportunity to support leading debate and progress in addressing sustainability performance in company supply chains, as well as providing a platform to highlight products and services in front of a large, diverse group of key stakeholders.
Contact Lewis Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsorship opportunities.
How to sign up
Early-bird conference registration is now open, and you can register on the link below.
If you would like to discuss being involved as a speaker, sponsor, media partner or delegate. Please feel free to reach out to the event manager, Natasha, on the details below.
Skype: Natasha Coco Bodnar