Sustainability: Why current consumer engagement fails – and how to fix it
A day of challenging debate about reality and solutions
9th November 2015, London
This conference will bring together big companies, smaller firms, NGOs and sceptical experts to debate what actually works in engaging consumers around sustainability.
Many consumer goods companies – and others – have calculated that a huge proportion of their environmental footprint is in product use. So businesses are becoming highly motivated to engage their customers, but typically lack real results and scale.
Therefore, this conference will debate the latest trends amongst experienced coporate practitioners and leading experts to deliver real and actionable solutions.
Key themes of the event:
- Understand the role consumers can play in sustainable business models
- Analyse the latest thinking in how to create sustainable consumer behaviour
- Consumer trends and what this will mean for businesses going forward
- Working out the impacts of engagement in achieving corporate sustainability objectives and strategy
- How to work better with key partners. Lessons learned from success and failure
This conference is about real solutions, not fluffy marketing speak or ‘blue sky’ jargon.
Behavioural Science Director
Head of Public Affairs & Corporate Responsibility
Former Customer Sustainability Director
The Coca-Cola Company
Group Head of Sustainability for Enterprise
The key sessions will be asking the following questions:
- Latest consumer patterns Do they provide an opportunity for sustainable products?
- Good intentions versus real purchasing decisions Can the gap be closed for consumers?
- Social media, generation Z and millennial engagement Have we overestimated the potential?
- Epic failures and lessons learned Critical analysis of past efforts. What went wrong – and why?
- Sustainability claims and labels How can one muddle through the messy landscape and communicate effectively?
- What have we really learned so far about real engagement with consumers?
Who is attending?
Attending will be 120 senior professionals representing large corporations from corporate responsibility, sustainability, marketing and communications. There will be large brands from various sectors (including, FMCG, drinks, retail etc.) from across the UK and mainland Europe. We’re actively restricting the number of consultants to ensure a minimum of 80% of attendees are corporate practitioners and key leaders in the field to ensure the conference delivers maximum value.
What’s different about this conference?
1) We’re highly business focused. Lots of events are about theory and academic studies. We look at solving problems via how companies make clear-eyed and robust decisions.
2) We bring big companies and the challenging ethical brands together. We believe this helps produce insight and drive solutions.
3) We provide genuine debate: We don’t do waffle, PPT or corporate videos. We do this via short sharp debate sessions, Q&A’s and facilitated dialogue.
4) We’re completely pragmatic and solutions focused. We don’t allow our events to get bogged down in overly technical arguments.
5) We’re highly connected with big business. We have a database of more than 20,000 executives all focused on sustainable business. We bring new parties to traditional areas in a different style.
If you would like to discuss further being involved as a speaker, sponsor, media partner or delegate. Please do get in touch!
3rd Floor, 1 Rivington Place, London EC2A 3BA